Adventure and wildlife
When you are a wildlife and adventure lover, Kutai Kartanegara is a dream come true. The majestic Borneo rainforest with orangutans, proboscis ‘nose’ monkeys, hornbills, river dolphins, and much more are waiting for you to be explored. So get your experience of a life-time and go boating, biking, jungle trekking or engage in tree planting and rainforest research.
Borneo Adventureenjoy the orang utan up close, experience the rainforest or hunt like a dayak along the river
- When you prefer to go by bike instead of by foot, you can rent an all terrain bike (ATB) and explore the rainforest through some exciting biking tracks.Biking trails
- In the rainforest of Kutai Kartanegara you have beautiful possibilities for bird watching. For example in the wetland areas of Black River in Samboja or the nature reserve of Muara Kaman, upstream the Mahakam.Bird watching
- In the immediate vicinity of Bukit Bangkirai, you can experience the Borneo jungle by boating the rainforest river of Sungai Hitam. This is the so-called Black River, one of the wetland areas in East Kalimantan.Boating black river
- Visit the Borneo Orangutan Survival sanctuary. An experience of a lifetime, to get up close with these beautiful primates and find out how they are prepared to return to their natural habitat.Borneo Orangutan Survival
- At Bukit Bangkirai, you can enjoy the tropical rainforest of Borneo through a canopy bridge at a height of 30 metres from the ground!Canopy walk