- When you prefer to go by bike instead of by foot, you can rent an all terrain bike (ATB) and explore the rainforest through some exciting biking tracks.Biking trails
- In the rainforest of Kutai Kartanegara you have beautiful possibilities for bird watching. For example in the wetland areas of Black River in Samboja or the nature reserve of Muara Kaman, upstream the Mahakam.Bird watching
- In the immediate vicinity of Bukit Bangkirai, you can experience the Borneo jungle by boating the rainforest river of Sungai Hitam. This is the so-called Black River, one of the wetland areas in East Kalimantan.Boating black river
- Visit the Borneo Orangutan Survival sanctuary. An experience of a lifetime, to get up close with these beautiful primates and find out how they are prepared to return to their natural habitat.Borneo Orangutan Survival
- At Bukit Bangkirai, you can enjoy the tropical rainforest of Borneo through a canopy bridge at a height of 30 metres from the ground!Canopy walk
To add to your Borneo adventure, you can go for jungle trekking at Bukit Bangkirai. There are various nature trails available which lead you to the heart of Borneo jungle.
Jungle trekkingthe facts
To add to your Borneo adventure, you can go for jungle trekking at Bukit Bangkirai. There are various nature trails available. The trails take you into the heart of Borneo jungle. Some of the animals you may spot include macaques, red leaf monkeys, deer, lizards, snakes, and numerous insets and birds. The short routes of some 2 kms are family friendly.