- The Kedaton Kutai Kartanegara was originally meant to be the residence of the Sultan, but has been transformed into a cultural centre to preserve art and culture.Kedaton
- Don’t miss a visit to the unique candy-coloured stilt village of Muara Muntai. The charming wooden village is built over a swamp has an 8 km wooden board walk connecting the different areas in the village.Muara Muntai boardwalk village
- In the sultanate palace, you can see the king’s throne, royal jewellery and learn the history of the oldest Hindu Kingdom.Sultanate palace and Kutai Kingdom tombs
- At the charming little wood museum, built from Borneo woods, you can get a good impression of the large variety of trees that grow in Borneo.Wood museum
- At Muara Kaman, upstream Mahakam river, you can find historical evidence of the oldest Hindu kingdom heritage in Indonesia.Yupa site Hindu kingdom
Muara Muntai boardwalk village
Don’t miss a visit to the unique candy-coloured stilt village of Muara Muntai. The charming wooden village is built over a swamp has an 8 km wooden board walk connecting the different areas in the village.
Muara Muntai boardwalk villagethe facts
Muara Muntai is a fishing village where you can stay in one of the guesthouses and enjoy the local fresh water fish. It is also the last place along the Mahakam to buy any supplies, if you plan to wander further into Borneo.
The village is at around two hours from Kota Bangun.