- The Erau Adat Kutai international folk art festival (EIFAF) is held every year in Tenggarong, the capital city of Kutai Kartanegara.Erau International Folk Art Festival
- The Kota Raja Festival is held every year for a month to celebrate the anniversary of Tenggarong city. The spectacular events are a mix of traditional and contemporary art performances.Kota Raja Festival
- The Kutai folklore festival is held every year in one of the 3 cultural villages in Kutai Kartanegara. These are the Dayak villages of Lekaq Kidau, Lung Anai and Sungai Bawang.Kutai folklore festival
- The Sanga-Sanga event is held every year on January 27 in Sanga-Sanga city to commemorate a local uprising and raising of the national flag during colonial occupation.Sanga-Sanga
Erau International Folk Art Festival
The Erau Adat Kutai international folk art festival (EIFAF) is held every year in Tenggarong, the capital city of Kutai Kartanegara.
Erau International Folk Art Festivalthe facts
Erau Adat Kutai is a cultural heritage dating back from 13th Century’s Kutai Kartanegara Sultanate. The custom ceremonies are held in the Kutai Palace for a week. It is serves to maintain tradition and for spiritual reasons.
Outside the palace, people celebrate the art and culture festival which involves international folklore and dance groups from abroad.
During the festival you can also enjoy:
- traditional sports competitions
- dragon boat races and motor boat races on Mahakam River
- art exhibitions
- a culinary festival